Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 1

("Official") Day 1 in London is complete.  It is 8:40 pm and we just got back from our first day in Central London.
First off today we attended a presentation from one of the students here who deals with international affairs. After that we were lead by two student ambassadors around campus to find out where things like the washateria and  cafes are.  They were horrible because they didn't know anything.  The campus here at Roehampton is the prettiest campus I've ever been on! It dates back to the late 1800s and has a few ponds with ducks and lilly pads and flowers -- its just beautiful! I'll have pictures on my Facebook.
Next, we went on an open top bus tour, which was really fun, despite the fact we had a less than satisfactory guide.  I was at the very front of the bus too, so that made it even better.  We ate dinner in an old crypt under a church that had been renovated into a cafe... it was weird, but nice.
Now we're back at campus and I am about to make my second trip to ASDA (WalMart) to get things I forgot from yesterday.  It is about a 10 minute bus ride from here.  The worst part is having to carry all my stuff back!
Overall, just a great couple of days. Yesterday all we did was go to ASDA and eat pizza, haha.  Jetlag just about KILLED me! Tomorrow we will be leaving bright and early to go to Stonehenge (which ISN'T in Scotland, haha!) and Windsor Castle. Well, I'll post a few of the best pictures on here and the rest on my Facebook page.. Stay tuned!
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Like:) you need a like button haha hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete