Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Been Busy

It's been crazy here in London which has made me too busy/tired to be able to/want to post recently! It's been a fun (yet exhausting) few days of excursions, but classes start tomorrow.  /:  We will be taught by teachers from Jacksonville University (Florida).  I will be taking 2 classes and am very happy they're both done by 1:00.
Let's see... I think I last posted about our tour of Central London.  Well, the next day we went to Stonehenge and Windsor Castle.  Both of those were really cool.  For some reason, I imagined Windsor as being a modern castle, but it is definitely not.  It is so huge and is inside a really cool little town.  The town has all kinds of shops and restaurants; it's definitely someplace I'm going to try to go back to visit.  Stonehenge was neat.  There wasn't a lot to it, but just knowing the history behind it made it cool.


The next day -- Sunday, I believe -- was the Diamond Jubilee Celebration.  That was really fun and I (sort of) saw the Royal Family.  I was standing near the River Thames where the Pageant was taking place but wasn't quite close enough to see into the river, so I had to watch on a big movie-like screen.  It was really cool and I was super excited to see them! I didn't stay too long there, though, just because of the amount of people.  I have learned that I get anxious when I am so surrounded by people I can barely move! haha.

Yesterday we went to Westminster Abbey.  It was awesome! So many of the monarchs are buried there.  I was astounded by all the history surrounding me! The architecture there was beautiful also! AND that's where Prince William married Kate and where Princess Diana's funeral was held.
Then today we visited the Tower of London.  This is the second time I have been there and was happily surprised at how much I enjoyed it.  I don't remamber liking it very much the first time, but I found it interesting today.  After that a few of my friends and I went to King's Cross Station to find platform 9 and 3/4.  It was really cool and I took a picture. haha.

Other than that I have just been hanging around my dorm.  I didn't feel very well this evening -- I attribute that to the daily 50 degree weather and rain.  That's quite different from Alabama's 100 degree dry summers! I am liking it, though.  Right now I am waiting to Skype Jake so I can talk to him then go to sleep! Class starts at 9 in the morning.. I'm actually excited to have stuff to do. I'll probably get tired of it pretty soon, though! Well, hopefully I won't get lazy again and slack off on posting! haha
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment